Monday 16 December 2013

Script and PPP

Tuesday 10th December:

This lesson, Bekki was sick but Axel and I went through our jobs and then the script that I had written.
We discussed our own personal roles and realised that the role of puppet maker was not really Bekki's job. This is because even though Axel was meant to be just helping to make it, both of them were making big decisions and doing the same amount of work. It is good to help eachother out but it means that it is hard for Bekki to stand up in her TPPP and take credit for the work that her and axel did together.
After, we went through the script that I had written.
There were quite a few problems with the tense that was used in the script because I had used flashbacks to go back in time when Monty tells his story to the children. A good thing about the script and something that we all said we would do was to include repetition, easy words, a good structure and a message. I did include these things into the script but I need to fix how I am going to tell the story and in what tense. We tried to come up with lots of ways to fix the problem of flashbacks and we did come up with a few:
  • filming and then playing back on the screen the flashbacks
  • changing the tense
We didn't manage to go through the whole script though.

Thursday 12th December:
Thursday Axel wasn't here so we just gave in our EE and changed all the little mistakes to make it better. I thought that it was actually a good lesson because I am so happy that I finally got my EE in and I do think that it is good that Mr Fearnehough points out all the little mistakes that to us don't mean much but we can lose little marks if we don't do it.

Friday 13th December:
We had a double lesson all to do with the PPP's. We first went through the marking criteria and the examiners notes. This helped because it helped us to understand what the little things we need to do from the examiners. After going through that help, I know for sure that my next PPP will be better.
We looked through other years PPP, seeing the mock ones and then knowing what they got for the mock and the real made me feel much better. My PPP was quite similar to Georgia's mock and for her real one she got a 6. I would love to have a 6/7 for my real one. We got back our mock PPP, i got a 4 but was 1 away from a 5. I did think about my PPP a lot but I could have spent more time on it. I feel much better knowing how to analyse my points more this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment