Wednesday 3 April 2013

Finished "Love Wins All" & Year 12's TPPP

Monday 25th March

Today the class were meant to hand in their portfolio's on set designers. Some did hand them in and well done to them. I wasn't one of them... We had a warning that this was the final time we could have an extension on projects like this. I had finished the actual project but couldn't finish my sources, this isn't really an excuse because like abby said in her blog below, I also did feel like I let down the group and Mr Fearnehough. It was unfair on other people in the group but I guess we all know for next time to get it done as early as possible and hand it in on time together as a team!
We also discussed "Love Wins All", there had been a confusion as to whether or not we were finishing and performing our piece today to Mr Fearnehough. Mary & I were incharge of costume but did not bring it in. Again, this is something else that needed to be in one time because it lets other people down. I think after experiencing our first technical roles, we have all learnt a lot about how to approach our roles in a way that is better for ourselves and our group.

Tuesday 26th March
We don't have theatre on Tuesdays but today we went to watch the year 13's perform their TPPP's. I admit that all three of them were AMAZING. It really helped me to realise that the TPPP is not just a presentation but it is a performance. We watched all three TPPP's which were 30 mins long each and then we told them what was good about their presentations and asked questions. What I learnt was:


  • The TPPP is a performance, be confident and interesting to listen too
  • Use key words from the mark scheme which will help you bag those marks when being examined! It also shows drama vocab...
  • The TPP doesn't just have to be about what was good and how you did something but it can be about what was bad and how you would change what you did. This shows understanding!
  • Link your experiences to theory of theatre.
  • Use the mock TPPP well to get helpful advice and corrections for your real TPPP
  • Complete your blog/journals to great detail so you can come back and quote during your TPPP
I am really happy we had the chance to watch their TPPP's because I feel that I have a clearer understanding of what exactly they are. Seeing how amazingly year 13 were at them has made me realise how good I have to be as well which is pretty scary. I just hope that I remember theirs this time next year.

Wednesday 27th March
We began this lesson by doing a clowning activity. We each had to stand up infront of our group and wear a red clown nose. We stood in neutral until Mr Fearnehough gave us instructions to change emotion. The aim was to stay completely focused and not laugh if our audience laughed and also maintain direct eye contact with the audience.

My first thoughts:
I was a little nervous about getting up in front of everyone but I knew it was going to be fine!
I liked going last because it was interesting to see how differentely everyone was when being the clown!

As an audience member:
I felt a bit uncomfortble at the beginning because I don't like clowns and also Mr Fearnehough went first and did a really good job of scarily smiling and keeping eye contact with each of us for a long time. But then I think I understood the activity more and relaxed.
I also found that I started copying the emotions and expressions the clown was doing. 

How I felt being the clown:
  • I found that at the beginning, I had to take a breath to focus more before turning around to my audience. This did help a lot to be honest and it made me clear my emotions to be neutral.
  • i found the nose was a distraction because it kept falling off but in the end I just left it off and continued.
  • I did find the nose was helpful though because I realised when I left it off, I felt more like myself. Whereas when I was wearing the nose, it helped me actually become a clown and a different character.
  • A lot of people said that they found it more difficult doing the sad emotion but I found it harder! When I was doing the happy emotion, it felt really fake and uncomfortble. Whereas with the sad emotion, I used the eyes more to express sadness which felt more comfortble and i felt this also got across the sadness to the audience more as i was looking at them directly. 
  • When we turned around, the first person we looked at, we had to keep eye contact with them for a long time. Some of us chose to look at people we are more comfortble with e.g best friends, closer friends. Bekki looked at me and she said she found it much harder. I can understand this because we always laugh together and spend a lot of time so that we see that person as the way they are.
Reflection:
I did really like this exercise because it helped with focus, concentration and confidence. It would help a lot during our commedia piece because as it is a comedy, audience may laugh at us but we have to maintain focus and stay in character. 

Thursday 28th March:
Today we completed & performed "Love Wins All" to Mr Fearnehough.
I was nervous to perform it the whole way through with no stops but I knew we would all do well.
Mr Fearnehough was taking pictures of our piece whilst we were performing so we had to ignore the camera and carry on, it was quite easy though once we started. 
We reflected on our piece after performing:
  • There could have been MORE audience participation & eye contact 
  • We needed more songs but we forgot about some whilst performing and have no added in more.
I am happy it is done, I really enjoyed commedia as it is such a fun & interesting type of theatre but I am happy to move on now and learn about a new style.




No comments:

Post a Comment