Thursday 4 April 2013



Love Wins All is FINISHED :(

Monday 25th March:

Monday was the day we had to hand in set designer research paper, me, Mary and Halley managed to do in time but the others were not able to and theirs in, so they got an extension   for Wednesday. I wasn’t really bothered that they did not complete the research but I thought that it wasn’t fair that they were being ‘told off’ as such in front of the ones that had completed the homework. Mr.F asked us if we wanted the extension too but I decided I did not want to because it was meant to be in on Monday and to be honest I did not want to do more research on the set designers haha. I did think it made the group realise we have to work together to complete homework in time I we shouldn’t ask for an extension in the future.
Tuesday 26th March

We don’t normally have lessons in Tuesday’s but today was a special day we got to watch the Year 13’s TPPP 30 minute presentations. I was so amazed in how much the year above had did in the past 2 years and how many theories they studied and put in to practise. The amount of detail and confidence all 3 students have was astonishing and it was so interesting to see how much they themselves have changed from at the beginning of the course until now. One thing I took away from the presentation was to be confident and interesting so that the audience and the person marking the TPPP do not get bored of your voice. The most important thing I thought was to link everything with the experience I am focusing on and to underpin things with theories so that it shows I have knowledge in every aspects of the course such as theatre in the making and theatre in the world. One key thing I will remember is TAKE NOTES ON EVERYTHING WE DO – so that I am able to quote from my journal or blog during the TPPP.
Wednesday 27th March

Wednesday we started the lesson with a clowning warm up/activity. We had to each stand up in front of the whole class start facing backward to them and placing a clown’s nose on. We then has to listen and obey to Mr. F’s instructions, one very important rule was that we were not able to touch the red nose. Mr.F started the activity off so that we had an idea what to do, it was very strange because of how long he was looking at us for and I actually think I got more uncomfortable looking at him because me and Halley share the same problem and we do not like clowns and we were very unsettled during the whole activity. Even though I found it easier when my class mates did it I felt very strange doing it in fornt of Lydia. Me and Lydia are quite close and when I was up in front or when she was I found it uncomfortable to look at her for a very long time.
When I had to stand up in front of everyone I started giggling the second I got up, I think this was because I am quite an energetic person so I think that side of me took over. I took a deep breath and turned around and listened to Mr. F I thought it was easier than to be started at sitting down because thinking about it now I was at a higher level than everyone else apart from Mr.F who had control over what I did. Being on a higher level made me think it was easier but it was still quite hard looking at Lydia.
After this activity we did the final rehearsals for ‘Love Wins All’ we got most of it nailed for our very special performance for Mr.F the next day :p ahahha

Thursday 28th March
Finally we properly performed our fantastic commedia piece ‘Love Wins All’ to Mr.F which to be honest I was looking forward to but I was still a bit anxious. I think he did enjoy it and im glad we have done so we can move on to something new but I am upset we have finished with it L.

No comments:

Post a Comment