Friday 6 December 2013

Script Writing for our play!

Tuesday I was off sick so I didn't have this lesson...

Thursday 5th December:
I have been allocated at script writer for our piece. I am excited to have this task as I mentioned in the blog before this one. On Thursday I got on with writing the script. The first act I found was the most important because I wanted to get the wording right and get the use of repetition for the next acts. I had to come up with key lines that I would be able to use later on in the script.

I only got up to Act 1 on Thursday, so tomorrow my aim is to finish the script with all movement and music points into the script.

Friday 6th December:
Today we first discussed the PPP when it is about to come and it was good to be reminded of the PPP because it was so long ago since we did the mock ppp. I also had a question about the IPP because a lot of my work is on word documents and I didn't think that this was the good way to brainstorm so I asked if we could do the IPP on a big sketch book just like we would for the PPP. The IPP and PPP are quite similar because you will go through the process in the creation of a piece or workshop.... But the ppp you never get an end results performed whereas for the IPP all of your ideas will be true.
After this discussion, I got on with my script. I managed to finish it before the end of the lesson which I was happy about. I feel pleased with the script but I hope that everyone else finds it good enough to use for the recording and for the actual piece. I have tried to incorporate repetition, a message, audience interaction, key lines so that the message gets into the children easier and they understand well. We want them to have fun and be educated and I think that the script is key for this to happen because it has to be educational but enthusiastic. I also added him some facts about the ideas too e.g. how many people are starving in the world. This fact will shock them and maybe make them want to change more.

No comments:

Post a Comment