Thursday 27 September 2012

Here goes...


So this is my first proper post on the blog, and as such I hope it can set a standard for my future posts. If not, well, I'll get better! These past two weeks have been great, considering I've never been in a theatre class before. Everyone has been really nice and its been fantastic so far, what we are studying is very interesting. 

In the first week, we learned of the different of the theatre IB exam questions and prerequisites, such as the the TPPP (theatre performance and performance presentation). To practice this, Mr Fearnehough set us the ME project as homework. The Me project is a powerpoint presentation about ourselves and our relationship with theatre. It consists of seven slides:
  • A theatre representation we have seen.
  • A theatre representation we have been involved in.
  • A place we've been in the world.
  • A theatre practice we know nothing about.
  • A piece of art
  • A piece of our writing
  • A picture of ourselves.
I chose, in order, Othello, A play I worked on last year, Sidney Opera house, Vaudeville, Banksy's flower rioter, a script I wrote for GCSE and a picture of me snowboarding. All of the presentations were great and it gave me valuable insight on how Mr f
Fearnehough works as a teacher.

Last week, we worked on devising our own five minute play. It had to incorporate all the theatre practises we studied in our presentations. We ended up with the story of an elderly woman telling  her life story to a complete stranger, who then witnesses a series of flashbacks detailing the woman's life. I like to think it was a success because everyone worked together on this and it worked better than i originally thought it would.

I really enjoyed as our group got to know each other more and find out how we worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment