Sunday 23 September 2012

How I found week 2 of IB Theatre

We began our week with presenting our homework presentations about ourselves as an IB Theatre Student. I really enjoyed this piece of homework because I love reflecting on the past and researching about theatre practises I don't know about well. I loved researching and watching videos about the traditional japanese theatre, Kabuki.
I could have improved by:
  • relating back to all of my slides as how it makes me a theatre student
  • speaking much more passionately about some slides such as e.g piece of art, myself and production i have been involved in.
Our double lesson on Wednesday, we started with a group exercise called "The Name Game". Basically, we had to walk around the room and point out objects and say there name. Then we had to point out objects in the room and address them as something they arn't. For example a chair would be pointed out as a car.
The point of this game was:
  • keep focus on what you are trying to do so you get it right and on time
  • taking ideas and building on them
  • learning how to improvise quickly and well
Next, We played "The Card Game". We got given a card with a number on it and then had to greet people in a group as what we think our status would be as that number. I had three so I was very low in status and i showed this by making my body lower, head down and no enthusiasm. 
I learnt that:
  • body language is an important way of showing who you are and how important you are
  • knowing how to cooporate when acting with someone that is completely opposite to you
We then listened to a beautiful song called Igoirmi by Ludovico Ernaud. We had to think about what memories and emotions we got from this song. I got happy memories with friends and then sad emotions too.
As a group we had to come up with a 5-10 minute îece from what we got from the song. We have to involve an aspect from each of our theatre practises in our piece. We spent the hour discussing what we can do and what to involve. I think we spent too long talking about what to do instead of getting up and doing freeze frames to get some concrete ideas or see what was wrong or right.

Our last lesson of the week, we did an exercise where we greeted eachother in a group in different ways. It was funny because everyone had different ways and it got awkward when we didn't know how to end such different greetings. 
I learnt that we have to go with the flow and feel more comfortble with how we are with our team mates.
After the game, we got on with our piece. We straight away did freeze-frames and took pictures to remember each part of the play. We did a run through of where and how we are standing and what we are going to say.
I hope it goes well and everyone feels comfortble acting it out our first little play!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment