Sunday 30 September 2012

Week 2 of IB Theatre...


On our first lesson of the week Monday 24th of September was the day we performed our 5 minute piece to Mr.Fearnehough, personally i thought we worked quite well and managed to include 4 of the 5 theatre practices we learnt of each other.
- Peeking Opera - love story that never works out.
Vaudeville - food and drinks .
- Kabuki - gender swap.
-Theater of the oppressed - audience participation.
We then talked about our thoughts on the strength of the piece we performed. And we all thought we worked quite well as a group and we listened to everyone's suggestions and ideas.


On Wednesday 26th of September we watched and listened to Mary's presentation about herself and her theatre practice that she choose to show the class. Like the other classmates presentations i found that i was very interesting to learn about everyone and the presentations were a good way for us to get to know each other.
In the second hour of our IB theater lesson we watched 'The Container' by Catherine Bailey. 
This play was very emotional and talked about a serious issue that is happening in everyday life

- Refugees seeking asylum in the UK and travelling in a container.
- Thought provoking for the audience.
- Knowledge and a different views on refugees and how hard their lives must be.


On Thursday 27th of September we discussed with Mr.Fearnehough the message 'The Container' was set out to send to the public watching it. We then talked about our 'Me' Presentations with each other and i learnt that

- I spoke Clearly 
- I was Confident.
These 2 positive aspects of my presentation helped me because i don't think i'm very confident when i'm on my own in front of an audience so this really helped me and helped me think positively about future presentations in any subject.

- I have to be more planned 
- I say 'um' a lot 
- I need to look more at the audience.

These 3 negative aspects of my presentation were very much the truth and i already know i 'um' a lot when i do presentations and i don't make enough eye contact. I agree also that i wasn't planned as much as i could be for this presentation. I'm going to work on trying not to say 'um' in presentations and make more eye contact with the audience

Voila For Week 2. Bekki xx



No comments:

Post a Comment