Sunday 30 September 2012

Week 3: Our First Plays

This week...
On Monday we performed our short play.

  •  I thought we did pretty good considering how little time we had spent on it.
  • Although it was a little bit awkward trying to use all of the theatre practices and ad lib our lines.
  • Our inspiration from the song was how life can have ups and downs. 
  • It chronicled the life of a woman  from her childhood to her old age.
  • It attempted to show the relationship she had had with her best friend through out her life and how this friendship had had ups and downs.
  • This picture reminds me of life. How it can be a difficult journey with ups and downs and rough terrain. But it is made easier by sharing the journey with others.

On Wednesday...

  • We finally got to see Mary's Me Project.
  • We watched "The Container"  by Catherine Bailey.
  • The Container play logo
    • It is about the issues that refugees deal with and what they go through.
    • It attempts to tear down stereotypes of refugees stealing all the  jobs and taking over the country. 
    • It was sad but very thought-provoking
On Thursday...
Mr. Fearnehough helped us think about the message of "The Container" and we discussed our Me Projects with each other. Lydia gave me feedback on mine.

Things I need to work on
  • I need to make more eye contact
  • speak more passionately and clearly
  • be more enthusiastic when  I talk about myself
Things I did good
  • connected myself to drama
  • was open and honest
  • descriptive I was about my theatre practice, Peking opera or jingju
Also we have been  planning our trip to London for TAPS.  We will be seeing Warhorse, One Man Two Guvnors, Some Like it Hip Hop, and one other play. CAN'T WAIT! I just hope we can find a fifth person to come since Mary can not make it. :"(

No comments:

Post a Comment