Sunday 3 February 2013

Up and doing it :)

Monday 28th Jan-
We handed in our Annotated Bibliography homework.
I found this task quite difficult as there were so many sources that we had to find and I struggled to find them.
But other than that, it was okay!
We then we straight into the studio to work and try perfecting a part of our commedia piece. We worked on the beginning which involves the Zanni (bekki and i) and il capitano. We spent the rest of the hour working on our entrances. We remembered that we have to KEEP IN OUR COMMEDIA CHARACTERS and INTERACT WITH THE AUDIENCE!
Those are key points we have to remember throughout producing our commedia piece.

Wednesday 30th Jan-
Our double lesson was spent on perfecting our first scene.
We used the masks throughout the lesson because a main point we all needed to work on was staying in our commedia characters. We had to exaggerate our characters movements and keep our faces towards the audience as much as possible. In the two hours, we only worked on a minute of the play but all the advice and help we got for that section goes to the rest of the play.
The only thing we need to do is remember it.
One thing I think we found difficult was improvising. I struggled to improvise on what to say, e.g when offending bekki and having a "bitchy fight" with her. I think I will definetely write down some ideas of funny insults to say as I found it difficult to come up with something funny or smart to say on the spot.
Also, I was thinking about what to say next which meant I was not listening to who was talking to me. This meant that we were not working off eachother to create story and script.

Thursday 31st Jan-
Mr F wasn't there this lesson so we spent an hour working on Abby & Mary's guitar scene.
This scene I find needed work because it is such a simple scene, it needed lots of movement, music and volume to make it alive. I think abby did well at having to really go for it when singing and playing guitar badly and also Mary was really loud and used A LOT of movement when it was her time to talk. I think a main thing we remembered to do in this lesson after the lesson on Wednesday was that fact we have to always interact with the audience. This meant that there is audience interaction in this scene also, which makes it more lively for the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment