Sunday 8 September 2013

Beginning of Year 13 !



RI Update:
Right now, my RI has around 1,500 words and a rough annotated bibliography. I have a lot of research but I am starting to struggle to find more depth and therefore I feel as if I'm repeating myself. Tuesday in class we will be working on them and I am sure this will help me a lot. I thought the RI would not be that hard but I have struggled to connect things together and find lots of information. I am not sure if this is me or what I am researching about. 

Independent Project Ideas:
Last year, I was involved in Maria's IP which was immersive theatre. I really enjoyed it and we also did a bit of work on immersive theatre in TAPS so I would love to find out all about it myself as I think the approach Maria used was original and also very interesting. It is also very different from all my other work I have done so far in Theatre!

Reflection of me as an IB Theatre Student at the beginning of yr 13:
This painting is called "The Excitement Photograph" by Mike Savad.
I think that this painting represents me because the colours in the photo represent the excitement I have for what I am going to learn this year and also for finishing this year! The paint is quite a mess and this represents the worry about how I am going to handle everything and it can also represent how I think my brain might be feeling at one point. There are lots of different colours which can symbolise the amount of new things I will learn during this year of Theatre. The dark blue underneath all the colours and at the top represents the calmness which is what I am hoping for at the end. 

These two images represent how I feel at the beginning of year 13. The first image (left) shows how I feel like I am going to be surrounded and suffocated by work but I am curious and anxious to finish but curious about what I will learn. The second image (right) shows that the hands represent the amount of work trying to hold me back but I am reaching out towards my future and dream and that it what I am aiming for. That is what is making the work worth while and I can get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment