Monday 16 September 2013

Week 2: Introduction to Bunraku

Tuesday 10th September-
This lesson we had a quick test on the facts about the RI. This helped me to understand how I can improve my RI and also how I need to take better care in looking in detail about the mark scheme.

Thursday 12th September-
Today we began with Bunraku and we discussed all about Bunraku. Mr Fearnehough gave us each something to research about and create a presentation. This would help all of us (including Mr Fearnehough) into understand the basics of Bunraku Theatre.
We started creating our presentations in class. I was researching about the history, social and intellectual context of Bunraku Theatre. I found out a lot of interesting things that made me more clear on Bunraku. I had heard about Bunraku before though my RI as I am doing Kabuki.

Friday 13th September-
We presented our presentation and I felt happy with how mine went. During the presentation, I tried to be as confident as possible and try not to read stuff from off the board as a quick practice for my TPPP. I felt like it went well and as well we all learnt a lot through eachother presentations.
I can picture in my head the stage, the puppeteers, the story where Bunraku came from and lots of other things. It gives me more of an idea what we might be doing for our project. All we need now is to listen to Bekki's presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment