Thursday 12 September 2013

Year 13: New Beginnings!

RI UPDATE: SO far, I have written just under 1400 words but I have now realized I have two main problems with my draft. I have no images and I lack enough sources. However, there are two weeks until the deadline in which I can make those changes so I am fairly confident that I will be able to turn out a decent RI. As a task, I cannot say in all honesty that I enjoyed it. Nevertheless, it was quite interesting to learn about Noh theatre.

IP IDEAS: This is a thorny issue as I do not currently have many of those. I was toying with the idea of a monologue composed of different opinions on one subject, using verbatim and repeating the words of my interviewees. So far, that’s all I have, but stay tuned for more!

REFLECTION OF ME AS AN IB THEATRE STUDENT AT THE BEGINNING OF YEAR 13 (ARTWORK):


This is an anonymous piece of artwork found in Los Angeles in 2008. I chose this piece of artwork not only because I love street art but because I felt it represents me as a Theatre student halfway (or nearly) through the course. The rickety bridge represents my course right now as I try not to mess up. The black pit represents my worries of failure as I really want to succeed in this class. The fact that this piece of art is located on a street in Los Angeles is also significant because I sometimes feel that other people don’t realize how much of a commitment IB Theatre really is, making me feel slightly isolated.


REFLECTION OF ME AS AN IB THEATRE STUDENT AT THE BEGINNING OF YEAR 13 (PHOTOGRAPH):



Description: C:\Users\lange_a13\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\ID9Y4Q2L\20130906_090652.jpgI set up this picture to look like two things. One interpretation is that I am halfway through taking a leap of faith into the Theatre world. Another is that I am in a balancing act trying to play “the floor is lava”, where the lava represents my fears of failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment