Sunday 11 November 2012

Before the holidays... and after!

So as you can see, my entry is a bit late, but it is there nontheless! And what a week the last one before the holidays was!  We started off on Monday listening to a very weird piece of music called Gortsky's zygotic. We listened to try and improve our sense of imitation, influence and inspiration. We came up with three different short plays. First, we tried to imitate the music using what we could find in the room. Then we came up with a play that was influenced by the music. Our play depicted someone being bullied to the rythmn of the music. Finally, we came up with a play inspired from the music that closely resembled the "Talk to Frank" anti-drug adverts. It showed a man taking drugs and then lineals depicting what he was feeling at different stages. 

On Wednesday, we had a practical lesson.We played a game called"Come on Holiday with me". There are three rounds to be played in pairs. The aim of the game is for partner A to convince partner B to go on holiday with A. The first rounds, B has to say "no". The second round, B has to say "yes,but". The third round, B has to say "yes, and".

In the first round, I felt suicidal. I had never been rejected so insistently and my arguments seemed pointless.
In the second round, I felt frustrated. The simple phrase "yes, but" instilled in me the quiet annoyance that came very close to an explosion of rage.
in the second round, I felt moronic. In this round, you are supposed to add on exciting things to do whilst on said holiday. However, I didn't find anything.


On Thursday, Mr Fearnehough gave us massive amounts of homework! A Pavis questionnaire (I still don't know how to complete it), a TPPP style presentation on Taps and a masterclass to prepare (mine is on verbatim and lineals).





No comments:

Post a Comment