Sunday 25 November 2012

Week 8:Indecision...


This was my first week back from break since I had not gotten back from America until Sunday the eleventh. 

Monday- This was sports day so we did not have class.

Wednesday- Today we went over the criterion that the TPPPs (Theatre Performance and Production Presentation) would be evaluated on.(mark scheme)  This week the rest of the group delivered their TPPPs and turned in their essays from the Pavis Questionnaire.

Represents the Performance Concept
Thursday-We went over what a ‘mise en scene’ is. It is a French phrase that literally translates to mean 'the act of putting on the stage'. We learned that it is the process of bringing a concept to an end product (most likely a play). We also discussed what the best way to write the pitch for our PPP was.Then, Mr. Fearnehough assigned us a 250 word pitch on one of the productions we saw in London.


During this week I have been having second thoughts about being a theatre student. During the break I had decided to switch to chemistry so I had not done any of the holiday homework. I had also decided to switch from physics to biology which meant I would have an enormous amount of catching up to do.  I have talked to Mr. Fearnehough and Mr. Faure several times about this; they strongly recommended that I only switch one class. Although I greatly enjoy theatre I feel that chemistry would be better on a college application and most likely better for me in the long run, but I need to consider it a little more now that have been able to talk to the teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment