Tuesday 29 January 2013

Mask-Making, Devising

Monday 21st January-
We went back to mask-making but this time we were starting to shape and form the facial features of our masks. Mine and Bekki's mask was the zanni therefore we took features that the zanni has like a flat, fat nose and big cheeks.
The features have to be quite thick for exaggeration and also symetrical for realism.
Our masks are not completed but we have to complete them sometime soon :)

Wednesday 23rd January-
I missed this double lesson as I was ill but i do know that the rest of the class started devising our commedia piece. They prepared what they produced for me to watch on Thursday :)

Thursday 24th January-
Today I watched my classmates perform the first sketch of our commedia piece.
I loved watching it!
I also thought it was a great way for me to give feedback for everyone and also advice for myself in advance before acting.
Here is some of the advice I wrote down and what other people said, including Mr Fearnehough:

  • exaggerate characters more
  • stay in characters
  • get names of characters right
  • face audience more and come to downstage centre
  • maybe no music on guitar scene, instead actually play guitar(badly) and sing badly too. Adds live music too which is what commedia involves
  • add in more zanni and lazzi dialogue( jokes)
  • use more well know songs if they are used.
  • sort out ending 

No comments:

Post a Comment