Wednesday 22 May 2013

Brecht Set Design & Our Mock TPPP's!

Monday 13th May:
We were meant to do our TPPP's today but instead we worked on annotating/reading three extracts about Brecht Set design theory. We then had to think and note ideas for our set design for Mother Courage.
This project helped us to start off on having a set designers role and also learning about Brecht style and how this he used set to help his theory and create the a-effect.

Wednesday 15th:
Today was the day for our mock TPPP's. After watching the year 13's and i saw how confident they were, I told myself that I have to be as confident because it makes the whole TPPP sound more interesting, passionate and better. I did get quite nervous though before performing my TPPP.
When making my TPPP, i felt like i struggled to find images but I think it is a lesson learnt because I know now that we should take more photos when doing exercises and projects in drama! When I rehearsed my TPPP, the timing was a little short at 18 minutes but I knew that on the day, i would talk more which I did!

ON REFLECTION of my TPPP, I thought that it was alright. I understand partly where I have gone wrong and I know that I will be able to improve for my final TPPP.

Positives about my TPPP (I think):

  • good timing
  • I felt like i had good explanations and relfected on my images
  • used the right amount of images
  • had main focus of commedia project
  • Showed theatre in the making
  • Good images
Negatives :
  • too many umms & errrrsss
  • i giggle a bit in it, unformal. 
  • Used too many collages
  • No links to other practioners 
  • When I state theory, explain the theory.
  • need less notes and need to memorise my presentation more
I predicted myself a 5 after listening & also from doing our predicted grades sheet in PSHE.

No comments:

Post a Comment