Monday 27 May 2013

Week 28: SO MANY PROJECTS!!

Wednesday: Today we were assigned a set design project on Mother Courage. We went over action plans, discussed possible set ideas, and different ways of doing it. This project seems fairly easy, but I may have misjudged it. We also got group feedback on the TPPP's. Mr. Fearnehough gave a piece of paper with the front and back covered with things to improve or add, things such as: limiting the amount of abstract images and collages, cautions about how to introduce you going into the theatre program, if you use a convention or theory then make sure that you are correct in you usage, and many other points. This feedback was very informative and each point has something that can be applied to my TPPP, which is kind of disappointing, but the fact that there was very little positives was kind of  depressing. I had been very worried about my TPPP because I very strongly dislike speaking in front of people, specifically in a serious setting, and I dislike speaking about myself, what I have learned or how I have changed. This is something that I will need to work on to become a better theatre student and a better speaker. 

Thursday: Today we were assigned a mock PPP to do at home while we do the Brecht project in class. This arrangement worries me because I feel like it will be difficult working on two big, and kind of similar projects at once. Mr. Fearnehough gave us the stimuli and told us that we need to pick one by monday. He then gave personal feedback on the mock TPPP. This feedback  further convinced me that I need to work a lot harder on my next TPPP as well as rehearse it more. I also need to maintain a better stage presence, not saying "crap" when I  lose my spot, and even memorizing my "lines" better. I am really disappointed in  how I did in this exam because I wanted to do well because it was the end-of-year exam and because I wanted to be able to not stress about my real TPPP, but this presentation showed me that I have a lot of work to do in the future, and it also showed me the specific areas that I need to focus on

A good thing to think about and reflect on during theatre
Friday: We finally performed "Love Wins All" for an audience. Before the performace I was worried about forgetting "lines", missing parts, and mostly completely freezing. So judging from this criteria I would say that my performance was a success, though, being the negative, self-deprecating person that I am, I am relatively convince that beyond this I was a complete failure, but practically thinking I think I did ok, there definite room for improvement, but I did alright. Also everyone else did amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment