Tuesday 28 May 2013

PPP & SET DESIGN

Wednesday 22nd May-
Today we created our own set design action plans for Mother Courage. We shared our ideas for the action plan and have already done some that are on the action plan. We havn't got any times or dates on the action plan as we probably would not be able to stick to them but the action plan amount seems fair.
It is a very creative task and I think it will be a really good experience and different role for everyone in the class.I don't think it is going to be easy and I think I might struggle at some points with the creative side but I think I will find it interesting and enjoy it.

We got some general feeback on our TPPP's too. I think that double sided page of advice and feedback is very helpful! I will be able to look back on this when preparing for my final TPPP and I know exactly what not to do! Everything on the list is explained well and we went through it with MR Fearnehough with helped me too because he gave some good examples. The feeback was informative about the content but also about how we present ourselves and the look of our TPPP's, so it covered all areas.
I didn't have chance to get personal feedback about my TPPP because we ran out of time but hopefully I will because I would like to know what I can do to make it a 6 for all my work in theatre not just the TPPP.

We stayed after school on Wednesday just for an hour to go over "Love Wins All". We made sure we had all the props, went over the performance quickly and practised our dance number at the end. We only had an hour so everything was pretty rushed but I found it very useful to quickly remind ourselves about eveything and the little jokes as we hadn't done it in so long. When practising, I was nervous for tomorrow when we were going to perform but also very excited.

Thursday 23rd May:
Today we were given our mock PPP project. We discussed the PPP and what makes a good PPP and what we can use to produce it. We have 4 weeks to create it but it has to be done in our homework time and class time is used for the set design. I like the idea of the PPP, it sounds really fun and it is our own personal ideas that we can create. We were given the stimuli and I have researched all the ideas but I think that I like the song called Frankie Teardrop the most. It has a really emotional story and everything about the song, the effects and the music were very intense and I had a lot of ideas for costumes, story, lighting, choreography... when listening to the song.

Lunch time on Thursday: We performed "Love Wins All"!!
I felt nervous before we started but as soon as it did start, I got into it straight away and REALLY enjoyed it. When we get given back the feedback that we did and seeing reactions, it makes me wonder why I get so nervous because I actually really enjoy performing "Love Wins All". My character is very fun and it is a really fun piece.
I need to remember how I felt before and after the performance for the next performance we do in any project because I think it was give me the ability to perform as best as I can.
I felt that the performance did go well and it was one of our best. There were a couple of "lines" and jokes that we missed out on but it didn't really matter in the end because it is commedia and we still got the reaction we wanted and got our superobjective!


No comments:

Post a Comment