Tuesday 28 May 2013

Set Design, PPP and Love Wins All

Wednesday 22nd May-

Continuing our Brech studies, we created our own set design action plans for his play, Mother Courage. We shared ideas for the action plan and agreed that although some of the necessary steps had already been done, it was best to jot them down for potential reference in a TPPP. As a group, we decided not to have deadlines on the action plan as each of the ppoints in the plan can be achieved by the same deadline. In fact, some go hand in hand and cannot be accomplished as separate tasks.
This task is a very creative one and I think my inner theatre student can greatly benefit from it! I say this but I can't help but fell kinda overwhelmed by how huge this is. And, joy of joys, we have a PPP as well! Woohoo...

To follow this up, we got some general feeback on our TPPP's. I originally thought that mine was nowhere near as good as I could have made, particularly as I sort-of involuntarily scripted it, which is a big no-no. I think that double sided page of advice Mr Fearnehough was paritcularly helpful in addressing the problems we all had with our TPPP's, and I am very happy to have them for my next attempt! Everything on the list was well explained and also helpfully illustrated by Mr Fearnehough.  The feeback concerned itself in our content in particular, but also madea point of addressing our composure and presenting style.All in all, I'm very happy to have had this as it has bolstered my confidence. Soon, I hope to have my personal in-depth feedback on my TPPP so I can get my grade up to a 6. Mr Fearnehough has already given me some tips on how to do so, but I know now that this is on me.

We stayed after school on Wednesday just for an hour to practise our play, "Love Wins All". We made damn sure we had everything but focused on going over the performance and relearning our jokes. We only had an hour so everything was pretty rushed and although it helped a lot I still feel we should have done this practice session earlier. For me, it just upped the nervousness of the whole thing. I am mostly to blame for my lack of motivation and the main thing I take from this is to ne a lot more energetic and enthusiastic in the future!

Thursday 23rd May:

Today we were given our mock PPP project. IN this, we have to come up with an entireplay, and yes, that does mean EVERYTHING! We discussed it at length with Mr Fearnehough, specifically what makes a good PPP and what we can use to produce it. We have 4 weeks to create it but it has to be done in our homework time as class time is used for the set design. I like the idea of the PPP, it sounds really fun and creative but it is also another huge assignment in a period where we have to work even harder as, and to paraphraseMr Fearnehough on this: "At the end of the school year, we don't slow down, we move up a gear". The problem is this is the same in all the subjets and I am starting to feel a little smothered. Go do IB, they said... It'll be super-fun, they said...
We were given the stimuli and although I have yet to research all of it, a I do like Dali's painting. Then again, I am a big fan of surrealism, so I guess that's what appealed to me most.


Lunch time on Thursday. Go time, zero hour, D-Day, this was it. We performed "Love Wins All"!

I felt very nervous as this was my first time performing an actual play as an actor, but overall I was quite pleased my performance. One thing I do regret though is that I didn't play with the audience, a direct contradiction of our Commedia performance concept. However, when we get given back the feedback that we did and seeing reactions, it makes me wonder why I get so nervous because I actually really enjoy performing "Love Wins All".

I need to remember how I felt before and after the performance for the next performance we do in any project because I think it was give me the ability to perform as best as I can.
I felt that the performance did go well as we achieved our super-objective, which was really quite simple, to make them laugh! And laugh they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment