Wednesday 22 May 2013


Monday 13th May 2013:

Mr.Fearnehough told us in advance that he was not going to be here and he has already planned what we were going to do.  Normally we had two hours set for our TPPP’s but since we weren’t hear we could not do them. So we worked on reading and annotating three extracts about Set Design theories. And after that we were then told to annotate and start on ideas for the set design for the play we have just started ‘Mother Courage’. – Just going through these extracts helped us broaden our knowledge about set design and specifically Brecht’s ideas on set design and how he used it which helped him create the A-effect.  

Wednesday 15th  May 2013:

Today was the day of our TPPP’s, I was quite nervous because I wanted to do well but I always have a problem with speaking in front of an audience.  Whilst preparing the presentation I struggled at first with what I was going to say and then struggled with what images to choose. As soon as I found a photo that was quite relevant to what we had done I felt more confident because I found that I had a lot to talk about for all the photos, but because I was on a time limit I had to shorten things down. When I first timed myself at home I went a little over time at 22 minutes and found that there was a bit much, so I decided to cut it down which got me quite close to 20 mins.
Whilst watching everyone else’s TPPP’s I saw ideas in their TPPP that I had in mind so I thought when I went up that it would go well.  We got our grade very quickly back on (Wednesday 22nd of May ) and I’m disappointed, I thougth I did well on :

-         - Timing (was the closest to the 20 minutes set out of everyone else’s).
-        -  I thought the things that I mentioned related specifically on our Commedia piece – which was what this mock TPPP was set on.
-        -  I thought my images were appropriate and along the lines of what this TPPP was focused on.
-        -  I showed theatre in the making
-        -  I explained my technical role in our Commedia piece.
-        -  I felt that I reflected and used different images to show how I felt at the beginning, middle and end of our commedia project.
-        -  I explained my experiences that I had before IB theatre at the beginning of the presentation.

What I didn’t do so good on:
-         - Used too many collages
-         - Said ‘umm’ and ‘errr’ quite a  bit
-         - I didn’t link to other theories or practitioners
-        -  I mustn’t use a script – INDEX CARDS
-        -  I feel I rushed at the end because I saw I did not have much time left so started to panic .
For this TPPP Mock I predicted myself  a 5 and am really disappointed that I got a 4 – I feel I did well and related everything to the commedia project – which I thought was the idea and focus of this TPPP Mock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment