Saturday 1 December 2012

Last Week of Theatre in November :)

Monday 26th November-
Today we spoke more about our pitches. We all helped and gave eachother advice on how to improve our pitches. A homework task was to now go back and re-write our 250 word pitch using all our advice to make it perfect.
We then did an exercise where we all sat in our own space in the drama theatre and closed our eyes. We had to image in we were in a production we have seen and we had to think about all the emotions we felt, images, words, physical and mental feelings, smells, textures, etc...
We then wrote down all these emotions on a paper. We all said our words outloud and they began to sound a little like a poem itself and the task was actually called "Euphoric Poetry". From this task, we got another homework task which was to create an acid test on the production we thought of involving all the textures, emotions and feelings on the acid test.

Wednesday 28th November-
We watched and took notes of Abby's TPPP presentation. I enjoying hearing what she had to say about her experience as she was in a completely different location and with a different ensemble in London so I enjoyed it.
After Abby's presentation, we discussed with Mr Fearnehough about Audience Perception. Audience perception is about how everybody always recieves a different perception when watching a production, film... because of these aspect:

  • culture
  • personality
  • mood
  • space
  • interest
  • senses
  • the person might literally see it differently
  • gender and age
They say that making a bunch of teenagers watch your performance, they will give you an honest opinion. The criticism can help your performance become perfection and get an better audience perception. I realised that I never used to like being watched before my final piece was performed in drama during GCSE, I think we were all perfectionists. But now in IB Theatre, criticism is GOOD and helps us get better! 

We then did an exercise where we made freeze-frames of our euphoric poetry. 
During this I got taken out to have my feedback on my TPPP and masterclass.
I have a lot of concrete advice that is going to be really helpfull for my next masterclass and TPPP. 
TPPP:
I have a lot of good points in my TPPP. Things to improve on are more important though!
  • stop saying "errrr" !!!
  • number images
  • try use more drama vocab
  • know how to say artists names
  • drop in my knowledge of theatre whenever I can
  • use better and more clear vocab to express myself
Masterclass improvements to make:
  • understand what I am teaching more before I teach it
  • give examples or my own sceanario
  • give concrete example of a theatre company doing immersive theatre
  • don't explain in a clumsy way
I have good advice now here to look back on my next pieces!!!!

We then took part in Abby's Masterclass which was in Slow Motion movement! 
I thought the activites Abby planned out for us were really effective. I understood how slow-motion movement could be used in theatre and choreography. It even gave me ideas for choreography in panto of how we could enter onto the stage!

Thursday 29th Novemeber-

Today Axel did his masterclass for us which was on Verbatim and Lineals. We got taught about these already in TAPS but when you are in a big ensemble, sometimes is difficult to understand their explanations on what these actually are! Axel explained them really well and they are now clear in my head. He gave really good examples of companies doing verbatim theatre. The exercises we did were really fun and everybody went for it! I know that I will defintely want to use Lineals in a future performance in IB theatre because I think they give a good twist to a story and can be used amazingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment